2.3 and up
January 9, 2019
This app has access to:
Wi-Fi connection information
Device ID & call information
Messenger Lite is an official client developed by Facebook for its well-known instant messaging service. The biggest draw is that this client takes up much less space than the standard version, occupying a little less than 10 megabytes. This makes it lighter, which means it can run without any problems on older devices with previous versions of Android.
The application is an official one, so it has practically all the same functions as the original chat service, enabling you to talk with your friends individually or in groups by sending and receiving text, images, videos, and stickers.
The difference between this client and unofficial ones that you can find online is that Messenger Lite can work in the background and send notifications for messages from your friends, like triggering vibrations or lighting up the device’s screen when there is any activity. In practical terms, it has the same features as the original client without taking up as much space and consuming as many resources, which is what Facebook applications are generally known for.
Messenger Lite is a fantastic alternative to the official Facebook client. It’s especially useful in countries where wireless connections struggle with the huge amount of data needed to run the official client. It’s also compatible with a large number of devices and older versions of Android (as far back as 2.3 Gingerbread), though of course you can use it no matter what your situation is.
The description of Messenger Lite
A fast and data-efficient messaging app to reach the people in your life.
– Installs quickly. It’s less than 10MB to download!
– Saves data. It loads fast, runs efficiently and uses less mobile data.
– Works everywhere. Reach people when you’re in an area with a slow or unstable internet connection.
– Highly compatible. Runs on Android phones version 2.3 (Gingerbread) or higher.
With Messenger Lite, you can:
– Contact anyone on Messenger, Facebook or Facebook Lite.
– See when people are active and available to chat.
– Message people one-on-one or in groups to catch up or make plans.
– Send photos, links, or express yourself with stickers.
– Make one-on-one voice and video calls for free over Wi-Fi (otherwise standard data charges apply). Talk as long as you want, even with people in other countries!